I have tried this recipe months ago to bake a cake to my boyfriend for his birthday. And as the biggest appreciation: his mother asked me to send the recipe to bake it for Easter.
Ingredients (2 layers, baking pan 25 cm in diameter):
- 6 eggs
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 package baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon bitter cocoa powder
- jam to taste
- 10 dkg (3.5 ounces) sugar
- 1 dl (~3.4 fluid ounces) water
- 1 package vanilla sugar
- 0.5 dl (~1.7 fluid ounces) baking rum
- 10 dkg (3.5 ounces) chocolate for tart
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Whip together the egg yolks and the sugar.
- Gently stir in the whipped egg whites.
- Add the baking powder and the flour, one spoon at a time. Mix to combine.
- Preheat oven to 356°F (180°C).
- Put bakery paper into the baking pan, grease it with butter and strew it with flour.
- Pour the half of the mass into the baking pan (1st layer of 2).
- Bake 15-20 minutes (test with a toothpick), then cool it down on a cooking grate to prevent sweating.
- Put bitter cocoa powder into the half of the remaining mass, mix to combine.
- Then grease the bakery paper with butter and strew it with flour again for the 2nd layer.
- Pour one tablespoon of white mass to the centre of the baking pan, then one tablespoon of brown mass to the centre of the white mass, then white mass again to the centre of the brown and so on. It will spread in the baking pan.
- While baking, make the syrup.
- Boil together the water, the sugar and the vanilla sugar. Then cool down a bit.
- Pour the rum into the lukewarm syrup.
- Layer the cake: spread the white layer with jam, put the marble layer on to it.
- Slowly dribble the syrup on to the marble layer. Let it soak up.
- Heat the chocolate with 1 tablespoon milk and 1 teaspoon butter. Stir constantly until combined.
- Cover the cake with it.