Layered potatoes from Hungary
My mother always makes potato casserole in a Jenaer glass dish. Unfortunately I don’t have one yet, so I used my old baking pan. Nevertheless, our lunch was perfect.
Yield: 18 x 25 cm baking pan
- 5 eggs
- 6-7 potatoes
- 10 dkg dry sausage
- sour cream to taste (~300-400 g)
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Boil cold water with the eggs in a saucepan, cook for 10 more minutes after boiling.
- Boil cold water with the potatoes in another saucepan, cook for about 20 more minutes after boiling.
- When the eggs are finished, cool them down with cold water, then they can be peeled easily.
- When the potatoes are finished, check their softness and peel them.
- Peel the dry sausage too.
- Slice the eggs, the potatoes and the dry sausage.
- Grease the baking pan with a little oil, put the first layer potato in it, sprinkle with salt.
- Put one layer egg and dry sausage on to it.
- Then put the second layer potato, sprinkle with a little salt, put eggs and sausages.
- Cover the top with sour cream.
- Bake on 200°C until the sour cream gets a little brown.