Before my final exam
Before I disappear to study, I am sharing this recipe with You. This is how we make pancakes in Hungary.
Yield: ~22 crepes
- 2 eggs
- 30 dkg flour
- 6 dl milk
- 2 dl soda water
- pinch salt
- butter as needed
- sugar, bitter cocoa powder, ground cinnamon, jam, chocolate creme to taste
- Mix the eggs, the flour, the milk, the soda water and the salt to make a thick mixture.
- Preheat the frying pan with a tiny scrap of butter in it. My frying pan is 24 cm in diameter.
- Pour a ladle spoon of mixture into the frypan and at the same time twirl the frying pan around until the mixture covers the bottom of the frying pan.
- Fry the one side over medium heat until the edge get brown and the crepe can be moved. Then flip to fry the other side. I prefer to flip it in the air but a spatula can be suitable.
- Before the next crepe, twirl a tiny scrap of butter around then twirl the mixture around.
- Repeat until running out of the mixture.
- Mix sugar with ground cinnamon or with bitter cocoa powder and sprinkle the crepes with it. You can spread them with jam or chocolate creme too. Roll up the crepes and bon appetite!