A brief entry from the new kitchen
Luckily I have found a new apartment since my latest post. Here the conditions are perfect for writing my thesis and it is not too far from my workplace. This time I introduce one of my most rapid lunch.
Yield: for 1-2 persons
- pinch salt
- 5 dkg butter
- 1 package vanilla sugar
- sugar to taste
- ground cinnamon or bitter cocoa powder to taste
- Cook the washed rice in enough water (to cover rice) with pinch of salt. I used about 20-30 dkg rice.
- When the water has boiled away, pour enough milk to cover rice (~half liter) then cook over medium heat.
- During cooking, chop the butter and sprinkle the vanilla sugar into the pudding, stir frequently.
- The preparing time is about 20-30 minutes, then pour sugar in it, serve either hot or cold, with cinnamon or with cocoa powder.