Road trip snack
It was a long before I baked this snack, but the appropriate occasion has come before the vacation.
The pizza snail is a perfect road trip snack: no crumbs, has characteristic taste and there are few who do not like it.
The trip was long to Montenegro, we run out of the snails quickly…
Yield: ~35 snails
- 3 dl milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 30 g fresh yeast
- 50 dkg flour
- 2 egg yolks
- 5 dkg butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- oil as needed
- 1 pizza sauce
- oregano to taste
- grated cheese to taste
- Heat the milk with a teaspoon of sugar, crumble the fresh yeast in it, leave at a lukewarm place until the yeast rises.
- Melt the butter, add the egg yolks, the flour, the pinch of salt and of course the risen yeast with the milk. Mix to combine. Let it rise until doubled in size (~30 minutes).
- Roll out the dough as long as we can and grease it with oil.
- Grease it entirely with the pizza sauce, sprinkle with oregano and grated cheese.
- Roll up the dough and cut into inch thick slices.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Put the snails into a baking pan with bakery paper, grease the cylindrical side with oil, top with grated cheese.
- Bake until the pizza sauce becomes brown on the bottom of the snails.