For the guests
In this summer heat I’m welcoming the guests with apricot muffins. As I wrote in my Sour cherry muffin recipe, my silicon baking mold is slightly smaller than the orginal baking mold. So I have 24 small muffins in my baking mold, but this quantity makes 16 normal sized muffins. Today I flavored the muffins with apricot instead of sour cherry and this time I didn’t use cocoa powder.
Yield: 24 small muffins, 16 normal sized muffins
- 4 eggs
- 20 dkg sugar
- 20 dkg flour
- 1 package baking powder
- 1 package vanilla sugar
- 20 dkg butter
- 7 tablespoon milk
- apricots to taste
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Whip together the egg yolks and the sugar, then add the chopped butter.
- Add the flour, the baking powder, the vanilla sugar and the milk. Mix to combine.
- Gently stir in the whipped egg whites.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Pour the mass into the baking mold, put the pitted apricots onto the top, these are going to sink during baking.
- Bake 20 minutes, test the muffins with a toothpick.
- Cool the muffins down a bit and easily remove from the silicon baking mold. Cover them to prevent drying out.