Sour cherry muffins
After the exams
Today I have prepared a delicacy that is suitable for a pleasant afternoon and seasoned with thunder and summer downpour. As the sour cherry tree bends under the weight of the fruit, I flavored the simple chocolate muffin with sour cherries instead of chocolate. (You may also like my Apricot muffin recipe.)
I modified the doses a bit because my silicon baking mold is slightly smaller than the orginal baking mold. According to the recipe described below I have prepared 24 small muffins, this quantity makes 16 normal sized muffins.
Yield: 24 small muffins, 16 normal sized muffins
- 4 eggs
- 20 dkg sugar
- 20 dkg flour
- 1 package baking powder
- 1 package vanilla sugar
- 20 dkg butter
- 7 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon bitter cocoa powder
- sour cherries to taste
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Whip together the egg yolks and the sugar, then add the chopped butter.
- Add the flour, the baking powder, the vanilla sugar, the bitter cocoa powder and the milk. Mix to combine.
- Gently stir in the whipped egg whites.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Pour the mass into the baking mold, put the pitted sour cherries onto the top, these are going to sink during baking.
- Bake 20 minutes, test the muffins with a toothpick.
- Cool the muffins down a bit and easily remove from the silicon baking mold. Cover them to prevent drying out.