Cottage cheese dumplings
The starving university student
Since several days I have been desiring a little cottage cheese dumplings and now everything was given to make it. Because of the circumstances at the student hostel people don’t have the opportunity for self-realization. However, at home everything is different. So many available dishes and so much available cutlery really make me feel delighted.
Not to mention that how glad I am when those who arrive home go for this delicacy.
Here is the secret recipe!
Yield: ~20 dumplings
- 3 eggs
- 10 dkg butter
- 0.5 kg cottage cheese
- 10 dkg flour
- 10 dkg semolina
- pinch salt
- breadcrumbs to taste (~10 dkg)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- sour cream to taste (~300-400 g)
- sugar to taste
- 1 package vanilla sugar
- Melt the butter, add the egg yolks, the cottage cheese and a pinch of salt, stir together.
- Gently stir in the whipped egg whites.
- Add flour and semolina, mixing just until combined.
- Form dumplings from it with wet hands, rest a bit, and boil a pot of water.
- Fry the breadcrumbs on little oil.
- Put 6-7 dumplings into the boiling water and cook until the dumplings come up.
- Filter the dumplings carefully, coat them with breadcrumbs.
- Stir together sour cream, sugar and vanilla sugar, serve the dumplings with it.